The new Brembo Monobloc GP4-RS caliper completes the range of Brembo calipers dedicated to the track. They join the GP4-RR and GP4-RX, both machined from solid and a benchmark in terms of performance.
Here you have 7 good reasons to get the GP4-RS Brembo calipers if you own a sports motorcycle (with a 108 mm fixing hole) and you love the racetrack.
1) LIGHTWEIGHT : Brembo's GP4-RS monobloc caliper was created using a complex foundry technique exclusive to Brembo. The result is a caliper that is 10% lighter than the renowned M4 monobloc, which has been a long-standing champion thanks to its rigidity, reduced weight and accuracy.
2) COOLING: The fins around the pistons are derived from MotoGP systems: the fins allow for efficient heat dissipation when braking. Thanks to these fins, the surface area of the piston exposed to the air is 30% greater as compared to calipers without fins. That's no small difference given that this section is subject to significant thermal stress and is located near the brake fluid.
3) STIFFNESS: the ribbing on the front section of the pistons was also derived from the MotoGP. Such machining helps keep the caliper from deforming when braking intensely. The result is that the system continues to work accurately during intense braking.
4) PERFORMANCE: Brembo's GP4-RS offers an excellent quality-price ratio for those who use their bikes on track.
5) UNIQUE PATENTS: The Brembo GP4-RS is equipped with unique fins around the pistons, a patented design. These calipers provide you with a solution originally developed for MotoGP calipers and now available as an upgrade product for the first time.
6) BRAKE PADS: The Brembo GP4-RS caliper kit includes Brembo sintered pads created for mixed use on the road and the racetrack. A solution that allows for immediate efficiency on the road as well. For those who want maximum performance, Brembo GP4- RS calipers are compatible with many other compounds, with SC, with RC and also with Brembo Racing Z04 brake pads: full-blown "Factory Pads" used in the Superbike and SuperSport World Championships.
7) THERMOTAPE: The Brembo Monoblock GP4-RS caliper kit also includes the adhesive temperature strips used to measure temperatures after each MotoGP session. By applying the adhesive to your Brembo GP4-RS caliper you can get a temperature reading and witness the improved cooling first hand.
The GP4 was officially introduced in July 2020, and it’s the new 4-piston caliper dedicated to the MotoGP championship: it is an aluminum monobloc caliper entirely machined from solid, with a 4-piston radial attachment. This caliper, compared to the previous one used until last year, is characterized by an extreme design that incorporates some of the stylistic features also used on motorcycle calipers for road application. It also introduces an innovative technical solution: the new fins on the external area of the caliper.
This solution ensures an improved and faster cooling of the caliper and, consequently, of the entire braking system. At the meantime, the amount of fluid inside the braking system has been reduced, this allows for greater consistency in performance and an improved feedback from the lever.